...a Year....
can it be? Is my sweet Tiny ALREADY a year old? Yes, I guess she is. I ran across this quote while party planing, and it just suits her.
Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves. - James Barrie
...doesn't it?
Our sweet Sunshine was born 22 days early. After a mere 4 minutes of pushing. She was so sweet, and so so Tiny. She weighted just over 5 lbs. I saw her and I was in love.So were her siblings. AJ was SO proud of her (and her sweet name) and Little, who was only using baby signs at the time just kept signing baby and patting her chest to let us know it was her baby.
She proved to be more delicate from the start. Not only was she small in stature, but she had a difficult time nursing, low blood sugar, and after being home no more then 24 hours, her doctors informed us she had jaundice. Jaundice is always trick for us because Jay and I have such different coloring they often just think the kids have his color. (There is still a heated debate in our house about Abby's case) We weren't that worried.... at first.
Then on the 19 I insisted they check her bibirubin level again, a day early.. By the time her blood was drawn her gums and whites of her eyes were yellow, and she was oompa lumpa colored as my husband so eloquently put it.When the results came back her bili level was 23. When we got the results back the Dr sent us back to the hospital...do not pass go, do not collect $100, the room was already ready for her. Clearly my tiny baby was in danger. It wasn't until a few days later that I learned how close a call it was. When a babies Bili level reaches 25 children often suffer permanent brain damage. And once you hit the 20's the numbers tend to rise VERY quickly. I shudder to think what could have happened if we had waited until Tuesday afternoon to get her checked. But God's timing is always spot on. We spent 2 nights and 3 days on intensive phototherapy before she was discharged . It was the scariest thing I have ever faced as a mother thus far. Only a God with a wonderful sense of humor would see fit to have a baby named Sunshine turn bright yellow, and bring people together in warm prayers like He did...He is so so good.
Tiny has a different feel about her then our other children. She always has. A peace- she is simply happy to be. To be loved, and to be near those she loves. She has taught me more about myself in this year then any of my children before her. Through her God has taught me to accept, and love who He made me to be....she is my unexpected blessing. My third child. The least documented, but surely the most enjoyed. I've loved every minute of her babyhood, yet I can't wait for what the future holds....
Happy Birthday Tiny girl. Mama Loves you more then you could ever know.
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
|
Labels:
Tiny
|

2 comments:
All I can say is that I loved every bit of this post! I loved the pictures and the fact that my heart warmed feeling the love and genuine appreciation & enjoyment you have for her. Happy Birthday Sweet Sunshine!
I have to 'second' Maritez' comment. What a heartfelt post for a beautiful girl. It seems God has given you peace - literally! :)
Post a Comment