Flashback Friday!
This ones gatta be brief. I have a party to prep for....but, this is a story worth telling.
After the initial shock wore off everyone was so excited that we were having another baby, but none more so then Big. He was convinced that this time we'd get it right and he'd have his brother. After all what's a little boy need TWO sisters for. This was almost an end game discussion. Try as we might AJ didn't even want to acknowledge the fact that the new baby could be another sister.
By this point I'm sure, you are well aware of the outcome, but lets just say that at our ultrasound there was ZERO doubt...it was another girl. When we found out I had duel emotions. Another girl meant it was going to be SO much easier for me. We didn't need to buy anything, the babies could share a room, and I could picture tea parties. BUT, I knew deep in the pit of my being AJ was about to be crushed. How can we spin this, I kept thinking. How can we tell him he was DEFINITELY NOT having a brother.
We came up with a 3 fold plan on the drive home.
1. We'd show him the ultrasound photos and let him read/see for himself. Pending on his reaction we'd move on to step 2.
2. We'd tell him that God thought he was SUCH a great big brother to the sister he already had that He decided he'd bless him with another sister to look out for two. Now He'd be the only boy, and the Kuya at that. How cool is that.
3. If all else failed we allow him to give her a middle name. We thought that that would help him bond with his new sister.
Well, He looked at the pictures. When he got to the one that read "it's a girl!" he tossed them on the ground and RAN tears dripping down his red hot cheeks to his room. Needless to say w needed all planned steps, and then some.
Once he calmed down, and accepted the responsibility of choosing her middle name he thought for a moment and said " How about Sunshine?"
OH no I don't think that's a name, why don't you take some time to think about it hun? We have a lot more time.
The rest, as they say, is history my dear friends. There hasn't been a day in the last 361 days that she's failed to live up to her moniker....and for that I am grateful. I guess Kuya knew best.
Friday, May 08, 2009
|
Labels:
Big,
Flashback Fridays,
Tiny
|

3 comments:
What a legacy for both of them!
Wow, I just thought you called her that...I didn't realize that was REALLY her name! I love that it came from him!
They will have bond like no other ... connected even before Sunshine was born! :) You're such an awesome mom for making Big a big part of her life, even down to the name.
Post a Comment