Sleeping on the Job

I was doing pretty good about mornings for awhile there. I was getting up WAY before everyone and enjoying my me time. Coffee, devotion, blogging, and life was good. Then the girls started waking up that early too. Then it was time change...fast forward to now and you get the drift.

I have had a wake up call though. Actually I've had two. They went something like this.

Morning A
Little: HI mommy. Morning mommy I wake up! Mommy I wake up.
Then just as I was feeling oh so proud of Little's verbiage... I hear a dreaded wisssssss sound and my pillow is drenched.

yea, that was NOT a good day. talk about waking up on the wrong WET side of the bed.

Morning B
Little: Hi mommy. Morning mommy I wake up! Mommy I wake up! I hunrey mama.
Me: Hi baby, OK just a second kay... (yes, yes, I know but cut me some slack I'm exhausted)
Little:OK mama I be rye back...
her feet patter off down the hall. I stretch, but cling to my nice warm blanket as though my life depend on it.
Little reappears now dressed...if you know her you know this is shocking.
Little: I hunrey mama, mama help me
(once again I know)
Me: OK honey just a second....again she runs off. This time I am actually preparing to roll out of bed when she runs back down the hall. Her hands are full.
Little: here go mama breakfass! I hunrey... as she passes me a bowl, a can opener, and a can of Mandarin oranges (which she adores). All of those things were in their respective places. My 2 year old gathered them and brought them to me IN BED.

Yea, a wake up call. Besides crackin' me up this taught me 3 things.

1. I can always count on Little to keep it interesting
2. My Little girl is getting mighty BIG (did I mention that she didn't even leave a mess in her wake?)
3. No more sleeping in on the job. If she's an early bird I guess I should be too because clearly 7 am isn't early enough in her book.

2 comments:

wedogmomma said...

I thought I was the only one who used the whole "Just a sec, honey...." line ;)
I LOVE hearing I'm not alone!
And oh boy is Little a cutie patootie!
I say shoot for 6:30 but put cereal in a baggie on the counter and a sippy of milk the fridge ;)
....but you didn't hear it from me....

Joan said...

Little is way too adorable! :)

Ryan keeps convicting me about getting up early. He said that I am way too spoiled that my mom is up and manages the kids until I finally decide to roll out of bed. Someday soon ...

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin