Rose colored glasses
They're here! They're here!
Miss Tiny will now be SEEING the world through rose colored (or framed) glasses. See seems to really like them. She can defiantly see better with them on, she even let out a little squeal, it was so sweet. They are a bit too big, but I think that with the rate babies grow in the first year they will probably fit perfectly in no time.
Now I'm about to get very transparent...
I thought I had totally dealt with all my feelings about her having to wear glasses but as I sit here typing tonight I realize I haven't. I meant to be typing about my "waiting" period before Jay got home to share in this "first" but right now I just think I need to dwell in these feelings, and the amazing vision I too received tonight.
I'm excited for this new world she is seeing through her glasses. Just like when we first started patching her eye, when we put her glasses on her her whole face lit up. It was awesome.Then as I sat there looking at her sweet face I got apprehensive. My thoughts went from focusing on this sweet moment as it was to this: They're too big for her face, I think they're too big. People are going to stare. Does she even really need them? Why is her eye still crossing? Maybe I should try and find her a different pair. Would it matter, she's still going to be a baby in glasses... she will always be my child in glasses,a stand out among her siblings, somewhat broken by the worlds standards... somehow less pretty, less fun...WHOA! Where did that come from (besides some of my own insecurities surfacing)! As I was rambling on in my head about being broken I had a second strand of thought. I thought of something one of you told me recently... ' You are the second person that I have heard refer to herself as "broken" and my first reaction is to say that we are NOT broken! But now I say, YES, let us be broken Lord...break us of ourselves...because that is the only way You can work through us!...' You have my forever thanks for that incite Maritez. I realized I know who tried to rob me of enjoying this moment with my baby by planting those seeds of negativity, hurt, and doubt.
So now I say Get behind me Satan.
She is perfectly broken, as am I, and my God loves and wants us anyways. He will use her in great ways, He already has in my life. She is His. May her eyes always be upon Him seeking His face, and His will- be it through rose colored glasses, or whatever her future holds. That is my wish, and prayer tonight as I wash away my negative thoughts, and focus MY eyes on Him and the wonderful blessing he gave me. Only through worrying about her eyes have I learned how to truly see... and the world looks so much brighter now through these small rose colored glasses.
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
|
Labels:
Tiny
|

3 comments:
God will use anyone and anything to speak to us ... in your case, He is using little Bree. What an awesome relationship you both will have ... a relationship that is wrapped up in God's love.
She looks adorable in her glasses. Shall we plan the wedding between Rye-rye and her? :)
It's such a huge hug to my heart to be transparent together!
Our insecurities will certainly be the first filter we look at our kids through, but thank God that HIS glasses cut through to the truth...it's REALLY not about us. Bree is who she is because God needs her to be. And boy is she a Q-T in those glasses....what a gift you have given her to provide her with sight! If vanity won over, you could totally deny her the clarity....Thank God she has such a considerate and loving momma :D
Can't wait to see her all rosey in person!
I'm so glad that a little sentence could be so helpful :) Sometimes we want to keep things inside so others can't see our shortcomings and faults so easily, but I SO appreciate your openness...sharing things that we ALL deal with at one time or another. The enemy wants to take our joy away so badly, and unfortunately I sometimes let him win. I am happy to see that you saw through that quickly enough to enjoy the moment with Bree....she is TOO cute!
Post a Comment