Flashback Friday!
So as Little has began dropping her signs and using more and more words lately I find my thoughts wondering down memory lane to when Big was learning to talk. He was an early talker and through the years he's had some GREAT catch phrases (he is his mothers child) and word blunders. So today I thought I'd share my favorites with you....
Who Buyed me That? - This was said to anyone, about everything...with this very face accompanying it.
$200.00- around the same time as his for mentioned 'who buyed me that' stage. A sample conversation would go like this:
Big: I got sucker
me: you do have a sucker, where did you get it?
Big: _______ buyed me that.
me: oh ok
Big: yeah it was $200.00
Me: really $200.00?
Then he'd look at you like you were crazy to ask because OF COURSE it was $200.00 duh look and walk away
The bestest thing I never saw- Oh how I adored this sentence! He'd see just about anything that caught his fancy and belt out "Mama, look it's the bestest thing I never saw!"
Glitter/Glittering: also commonly known as Litter/Littering. Example: Mama, there is so much glitter everywhere, why all those people glittering all the time?
I found it- This
is what we would hear ANYTIME we passed a McDonalds, more accurately the golden arches. It did NOT matter if he had just eaten, if we were zooming by one on the side of the freeway, or going to Walmart. If he saw them he would get so excited and shout I FOUND IT! I FOUND IT! Fully convinced we would be stopping to get a kids meal or play in the play place...yeash....tells you a ton about our diet back then hu?
Froggy- AKA foggy. Example: mama I no like it when it's so froggy out here.
and quite possibly my personal favorite:
I don't know that word- Say you were talking to him and he had decided he wasn't going to listen and do what he wanted to do anyway he'd look at you, get all doe eyed, and very slowly say "I don't know that word". Too bad for him it rarely ever worked.
LOL... there are so many more but I think that's good for now. If you were there as he was learning to master the English language don't be shy remind me what some of your favorite BIGisms were!
PS: today's post IS from memory, BUT otherwise I will totally be cheating to get my facts straight because at least when he was little I could say I was a scrapbooker. LOL
Friday, November 21, 2008
|
Labels:
Big,
Flashback Fridays
|

5 comments:
Ok, cute kids always impress me...but I'm SO impressed at your memory....and OOOOO, you actually scrapbooked!
I'm in awe! Thanks for sharing AJ's cuteness...what a good reminder for me to take note of all this madness/I mean cuteness around me....! ;)
Oh Desiree! I love this, it made me laugh and smile. It is so wonderful the joy of little words with big voices. I cannot wait to have our own family lines and vocabulary...this is very sweet
Such a cutie back then too! I wish I could remember Shali's funny phrases! But WE (you & me) will always remember Jordan's: "Hold on one minute ... I'll be right back!"
I agree with Nikki, I'm thoroughly impressed with your memory! I'm lovin the flashbacks, thanks for sharing!
One of my favs was always "I'm coldy". So sweet and pitiful. I don't know how many times I had him with me and he wanted extra layers and I would give him one of my shirts...making it graze his knees and with the sleeves doubled back. He happily took it. I had the most fun of my life when I hung out with him all the time. Another of my favorite things about AJ has always been his wonder and doing new things. I can remember him telling me "I've never done this before" for things that seem so everyday to me. Through the years he has really made me appriciate the wonder in everyday things. I miss him....and you all SO much!! xox
Post a Comment