Potpourri


....a post with a little bit of everything......

First I wanted to share the NEW pictures we took of our sweet Tiny. One is in the new header, and then there is this one...simply divine if I might say so myself! Also I will keep you posted but I'm pretty sure we will have a full fledged crawler on our hands by the weekend! Which is soooo cool for her, but it also means I'll have to actually keep ALL my floors swept and mopped..yikes!

Then I thought I'd like to brag about Big some more....do you all mind? I knew you wouldn't! He knows his times tables up to the 4's, and for good measure daddy taught him the hard ones too... you know like 7x8, and 7x7 (which he remembers by saying 49ers..hahahahaha). He's also started new chores this week (making his bed, loading/unloading the dishwasher/helping with the girls after dinner), and actually earning some extra change for helping out with extra stuff like vacuuming. It seems to be going well but I'll keep you posted. We have been having A LOT of random sadness braking out on his part though. I'm hoping to get to the bottom of it while we are on Thanksgiving break this week. I'm hoping it's just normal growing pains, but if you think of it keep him in your prayers for me. It's hard being the oldest sometimes I think... Oh yeah, thinking of Thanksgiving Break this is what he wore home from school on Friday:
hahahahahaha! My little pilgrim!

After talking about Big's catch phrases I decided I really needed to jot a few bits of Little's current vocab down. A few of my favorites are:
Mommy: she now says this clear as day
wow-whew: Love you
On Cee: I want to see
Tain-Too:Thank you
dat-chu: get you
me-me: movie (yes, my child is a Baby Einstein junkie, but at least I get a shower in)
poopy: puppy
tut-tull: Turtle
na-ye: Not yet! (as in no peepee yet)
...man, she has SO many words now! I can't even type them all. She knows all the important people in her life, the foods she loves, most of her feelings, and the new favorite: MINE. She's talking up a storm now...yeash where does the time go!

Oh yeah, and look what my sweet Goddaughter sent me this week:




It totally made my heart smile. She's so freakin' sassy, and sweet; I just adore her. She's a kindergartner. I'm sure she knew how tickled I'd be that she even addressed it herself, and hello, the picture is to die for! It's totally something I would have drawn back in the day. Getting something like this beats opening bills any day.

Ok...I'm finally drawing a blank. I hope you all enjoyed my potpourri of happy thoughts.

5 comments:

Lee said...

Look at Bree! She looks so cute (and may I say, very smart!) Actually, she's starting to look a lot like you. A mini you! Hahaha...awesome pictures. I may have to snatch a couple of those pics for myself. I love those kids...it's almost like they are mine. See you guys tomorrow!

Maritez said...

Love all the new pictures!

Joan said...

I LOVE Aubree in her new shades! :) And the dress ... something Shali would pick out and wear! :)

Unknown said...

awww they are so cute! bree is adorable with her glasses. she is your mini you!

Jenn ~N~ Jae said...

Aubree is the cutest with her tiny little glasses. She looks like she has no worries in the world and that is what I love about the kids. They are still so sweet and innocent.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin