This place is full of Monkeys!

Yes, that is how I feel in my day to day life quite often. I have someone clinging to me here, pulling at me there, and in a very boisterous voice someone else is begging for "Mo nana peas, nana mama, nana peas or Aubby" Oh, yes I often feel like I live in a zoo.
So I guess that it's no wonder that my family loves to visit their natural habitat as often as they can....yes, I am finally posting about our fun trip to the Oakland Zoo (a few weeks back, better late then never I say).

We had such a wonderful time! This trip we were smart and parked at the lower gate, so our day started and finished in the children's zoo. We also got there right as it opened so for most of our trip it felt like we had the zoo all to ourselves. Which was especially nice because Little was free range exploring....yeah, scary I know.....

the kids, being themselveswhen we first got there

The alligators were in good form that day. One of them was hanging out right in front of the viewing area like this for most of the morning. Big thought is was so cool, Little on the other hand announced it was "Ew scary grrrrrrr". I think that was something else that made this trip so fun. It was the first time Little could talk understandably, and she did have a lot to say. She offered her commentary on EVERYTHING ( I guess she may be my daughter after all hu?)
She especially liked the HUGE tortoises. She's always drawn to turtles because of Mr. Turtle, but I think she was stunned by the size of those big guys she kept muttering "wow, tuttle wow...." with a look of pure amazement.

the kids mid trip, still happily themselves

ok, so at this point, I must tell you that as I stated in the beginning; I live with a bunch of monkeys, so really it's no wonder that I love to linger near the Gibbon. They usually will put on an awesome calling/swinging show, but much to my chagrin we missed it that day. By the time they got warm enough to show off and start whooping we were getting ready to leave BUT I did get Jay to take this picture with me, the kids, and my buddy the Gibbon (if you squint really hard you can see him perched on top of that tree over my head) before we headed of to see the Giraffes.



Tiny loved the Giraffes! I think this shot of her watching them is so freakin' cute!


We explored the rest of the zoo- Big tried to get me to hang out with the icky snakes, Little tried to bray at the elephant, Jay got to watch his meerkats, and I saw the PINK flamingos. All in all it was great. Before getting into the car we let the kids play at the old playground near the lower parking lot. They had a blast! Big is such a character, he always makes me laugh.

Check out his Hippo face.....LOL
and last but not least Little had to take a moment to stop and smell the flowers before getting in the car.

Zoo days, ok any family time actually rocks my world and makes me feel blessed.

2 comments:

wedogmomma said...

Yay!
Sooo sorry we missed it!
All the pics are great, but
That last pic of Abby is Beeee U Tiful!!

Lee said...

Those silly monkeys!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin