An Easy Breezy Birthday
I LOVE when kids make it easy for you!
This year when asked what he wanted to do for his birthday Big said he wanted his 2 best friends to come over for a sleep over...my quick response was "DONE!"
So we greeted Super 7 (did I mention that's only 3 years away from 10?!) by having a sleepover with Gavin, and Weston....so easy, and so fun!
The boys played, made their own pizza creations for dinner, and ate cake on Friday night. I love watching how kids interact and really enjoy each others company and the simple things.
Big got his first big boy bike this year. So after our pancake breakfast we took all the kids to the park and they rode around and played in the lovely sunshine for about 1.5 hours before they went home.
They all had a blast, and like I said it was so easy for me...score!
Big had a jammed packed weekend though because after his friends went home his Lola took him out for the afternoon. They went to Chuck E Cheese (bless her heart, better her then I) then to dinner and finally to pick out his present ( gatta love being the ONLY grandson hu?). She got him this Bionicle.
He built it with his daddies help this morning and was so proud he had to show me. Before he left his room he told Jay "I'm going to show mama, I'll bet she'll want to take a picture" LOL he so knows me =)
He also got to go ice skating with his Te-Tey. She said he did really good! He came home all smiles (until I told him it was bedtime) so I guess they had a blast.
He needed this weekend. It was HIS focused time, and it was awesome. So thank you for all your birthday wishes, texts, and phone calls. He felt so special and loved.

2 comments:
Sounds like a great way to turn 7! Happy birthday AJ!
I'll have to give you the videos of him ice skating so you can show Jay. 3 years to 10? Yikes...time flies.
Post a Comment