Flashback Friday!

... up until about 10 min ago I had no idea what I was going to write this FF about, then I saw my warm fuzzy pink slippers...Oh yes I do love how the mind of a woman works..... slippers...One of Bigs most philosophical quotes ever is about slippers.

January 2007

I was 7 months pregnant with Little. Big was enjoying his last moments of having us all to himself one night putting on what we fondly call "The BIG Show". He was running, playing and tile skating in a new pair of homemade slipper- then suddenly turned wrong and SPLAT. I wish I could say that he had a natural instinct to protect his face but he DOESN'T. It was like watching the last domino crashing down. He didn't even utilize his hands for blocking at all. He lead the grand decent with his face. Oh yes, before the delayed scream even left his mouth we knew something was terribly wrong.

I examined his mouth first- sure he had bit his tongue off...not that...but the blood had come from somewhere....then we saw it. His chin was split open on the underside BADLY. We could see the fat and some bone. Needless to say we rushed him to the ER. I was so freaked out. I thought he would be too- but he wasn't. he followed all our directions calmly: He didn't talk, he held his face just so...it was astounding. In the ER they were quick to help us and even brought in people to help hold him down when he was about to get the stitches, but we didn't need them. he laid down closed his eyes and stayed perfectly still while they stitched him up. It was so amazing. He got a total of 13 stitches. 7 internal and 6 external. He was so brave.


Once we got home he finally broke his silence and said, I quote:
"Now I know why they're called slippers."

2 comments:

wedogmomma said...

oooo, ouch...and yuck "fat and bone"!....and hee hee 'slippers'
Classic

Now I SO have to examine this Indiana Jones scar...what a stud...and SO brave :D

Jenn ~N~ Jae said...

Man even after all that he still had a funny line left in him.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin