Could it be?
Yesterday I shared about Tiny trying to wean herself... it's so sad really, and so much more work for me (Thanks Gemma for the GREAT link!) I hope it passes. If it doesn't though I plan to keep pumping through her first birthday.
That got me thinking. Could it be true? Is my sweet, happy, squishy baby closer to toddlerdom then infancy now? When did this happen?
Over the past few months so much has changed. I posted about her break through Indiana Jones style weekend awhile back. Well the adventures and milestone just keep coming. She longs to play with Big and Little- and the closer she gets to her goal a mix of sadness and pride fill me. I can't help but be confused by mommy emotions at times. They are often so conflicting. You feel one way for them, and another about them. I want so much for her to stay my little baby, but I also love watching the joy spread like a wild fire across her face as she accomplishes yet another new feat.
So without further adieu and mommy sulkiness let me share my sweet Sunshine's newest discoveries with you.
*She is a full fledged sitter now! No more pulling to a stand and flopping down with a crash because she can't sit up. Now when she looses her strength she just rest on her bottom a bit.
*She will now tolerate her glasses more, but her patches less....it 's a work in progress.
*She sleeps through the night! YIPPEE!
*She is so good at using her thumb and finger to grasp things.Cheerios, fruit, tiny pieces of her beloved paper, and her sisters hair. I think it's so funny that my only baby with vision problems has the best fine motor skill...God is good.
* she's become so vocal! She doesn't say anything like mama or dada. Just happy little yelps.
* she cruises, and will transition from the couch to a toy if it is close enough.
*Although she's been getting around just fine for awhile now, her style of crawling is interesting to say the least. Just recently though she's learned that she can crawl on all fours with that nice soft belly OFF the floor.
* she is ticklish, and loves finger songs like "Tony Chestnut"
*she LOVES the sight of her family. Little is her hero.Big makes her squeal. Her daddy is her knight in shining armor, and me well I am her sense of security in this ever widening world.
So much is changing, yet the blessing of it all is that she's just the same. Could it be?
Could it be.. that God is THAT good? Yes, yes I think it could.

3 comments:
I love all the pictures and all the beautiful things you said about your sweet little girl. I love how God gives us "people" sunshine. I know he's put some big rays in my life that I am ever so thankful for. Enjoy each day with her, time flies far too quickly!
I completely understand how you're feeling as I've shared with you how I was feeling some "baby blues" over my baby not being a baby anymore! But..I'm slowly getting over it and enjoying her milestones. Yes, Faith and Sunshine..they sure do measure up to their names huh?!? I LOVE it =)
You made my eyes tear up! I am right there with you sister. God is good! The emotions that come with the growth and maturity are so bitter sweet, I am learning that as we speak. Fridays sound good, thank you for the invite. Love you!
Post a Comment