The many Adventures of Tiny Sunshine

While Little was sick, I was overwhelmed, Big was enjoying his last week before Christmas break, and Jay was working Tiny was planning a monumental adventure filled weekend.

For those of you who have know us forever you know that our kids do things fast....usually. I always said I wanted a baby who enjoyed just that being a baby. Big could sit @4 months, and was walking before 9. Little sat @5, walked by 10. Then there is our sweet Tiny. My precious happy baby. She is my blessing. My child who is taking life slower, enjoying the process more, and in turn letting me savor her infancy longer. That was until this weekend.

I say that like she has just been laying around, but that is far from the case. She's been successfully navigating the living room for awhile now. Clinging to any little piece of paper like it was gold. Waiting for the perfect moment to stow it away in her mouth.Savoring every chomp on her wonderful fiber filled treasure before mommy or daddy foiled her plans and pirated it away from her yet again. So life has had it's adventuresome moments but this weekend was the true beginning of her emancipation from babyhood forever. This is a true accounting of the last 3 days events:

She began it by sitting up. Not on her own BUT not completely fighting the idea either. After 7.5 months she can balance while sitting. I believe that once she realized sitting wasn't evil, a veil of woolly eyed babiness lifted and she wanted to explore the scope of her domain. So she headed out to explore further, and discovered the kitchen. OH the joys, and noodles that brought! Who knew her ate was such a benevolent benefactor.

Once the noodles were devoured, she began seeking more adventure. She soon came across the great Mt. Front Entry. She was baffled and entranced by it. She had to conquer it. So she tried many a times from different angles until- yes, success! Up, down, up, down. Once she got the hang of it there was no stopping her from discovering the basket of shoes at the end of the rainbow. EUREKA! What other wonders does this place hold she thought.

All this exploring was tiring so she retired for the evening. Waking up bright eyed is her speciality. So with a HUGE grin and squeal she was ready to see what adventures lay ahead of her today in the land of the Vibats. Lucky for her her mommy was t-i-r-e-d this morning and decided it would be ok if she explored the room she shared with her sister for awhile instead of moving directly to the living room (boring!). The excitement was overwhelming. She had to see more, but wait there was a Huggies wipes ruin in her path. Our adventuress wasn't going to be stopped by Huggies. No, she wouldn't go around it either. She decided to try her hand with her new found climbing skills. So she wnt for it. Yes, success, but wait she wondered what can I do with these ten piggies my mommy is always kissing? So ever so slowly she went for it. One foot, then two and she was standing! She could survey the land and scan for paper so much better from this height. AMAZING!

The land of the Vibats may never be the same again. (I have video proof for the unbelievers that I will post ASAP)


5 comments:

Lee said...

I am so sad that she chose to do that the days that I'm not over. That's awesome! I can't wait until I see you guys! I might have to get her something else for Christmas!

Maritez said...

Wow! Talk about all of it happening at once! No more sitting time for mommy...you're back on the run!

Joan said...

Welcome to my world!! :)
Great job Ms. Aubree! Can't wait to see you with your new found skills!

Jenn ~N~ Jae said...

Oh Des I remember those days with Jojo. Times flies way to fast when it comes to the babies but they are still so cute.

wedogmomma said...

Des you crack me up with your vivid word pictures! and Holy baby (vs. holy cow)
Aubree is TOO much.....and really, everything she did was SO cute :D
Savor it momma!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin