...Really?!?!?!?
I have realized that THIS is my go to word when life isn't going my way. I have a dear friend who favors 'seriously!', another who uses 'now?!', and one who says 'perfect'. I'm sure we all have our word of choice but mines gatta be REALLY. This week has been a really kind of week.
We had a great weekend, but come Monday I was sick. That's not so bad but by mid day I could tell the girls weren't themselves either. REALLY???!!!???? I thought. The week before Christmas? The week when I have soooOOOoo many unfinished projects, REALLY. Well lucky I got better by Tuesday, Tiny's just stuffed up now, but poor Little is a sick mess. She can't eat because what ever virus she caught has given her multiple canker sores, it's so sad. As you all know sick babies are clingy babies, so even as my heart is aching for her I find myself thinking Really?! could you get any heavier? could this be any sadder...really? So I'm miles behind in my Christmas prep because even if it is untimely my kids ALWAYS come first.
Then today Big came home from school and he lost another jacket!!! This will be his third big coat he's lost this year...REALLY???!!!!?????? This time someone took it from his cubby IN his classroom while he was at lunch. Trust me a phone call will be made tomorrow, but tonight I'm shaking my head and saying really?!?!?!?!... now only 1 week after purchasing it?....now when it's so cold it chills your bones?....now that he no longer has a uniform approved jacket to wear tomorrow... now when moneys so tight.....Really?!?!?!?!
Just when I was feeling bogged down with the negative Reallies, I began finding these, and more like them sprinkled around the house.
Some had been in their hiding places for days. In case you can't read it my very favorite emoish one reads: Tears of love fall into my heart. I love you. I mean really??!?!?!?! ....where does he come up with this stuff?...LOL...... Thank you God that he's so intuitive......I so needed these affirmations.
Really.
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
|
Labels:
mommy moments
|

5 comments:
Oh, dear I'm SO sorry!
But at least they won't be sick FOR Christmas....cross my fingers..pray, pray....
Old Navy has coats 50% off...(I bought two last night...one for $17 and the other for $24) I shopped online last night..but I know they had the sale in the store this weekend.....not that that takes the sting away from theft...but hopefully the sting from the cold! ;)
And finally, not that this is profound...but whenever I'm sick I always pause to wonder...why? Why are you slowing me down God (!) that's sounds funnier when I type it out...but I know that I'd be running ragged and it would just keep going if I wasn't frozen in my tracks with some type of illness, kid related or otherwise...so maybe some of those projects will fall by the wayside...maybe GOD will gift you with EXTRA home time to accomplish them...either way...like you said, every extra moment with these little ones is precious...I'm praying that Abby feels extra precious in your arms tomorrow ;)
hugs,
BTW...AJ's love tickets are PRICELESS!
I love those! I can't wait to embarass him when he's Nathan's age! LOL! He's so like my bro in that way...
Oh my AJ is so sweet I love how he shows how much he loves his mommy. I hope the girls get better soon.
I just want to give AJ a big hug for having such a tender heart! Those tickets are so sweet....you're a blessed mama to have such a sweet boy.
Post a Comment