O' Christmas Tree

Well here are some Highlights from our tree trimming this year.

This year we decided it would be fun to start the tradition of stringing popcorn. Note to self: These sorts of activities are not as fun as they sound just yet with little. She started out being such a great helper. She would pass us whatever we needed. Then she got the fabulous idea that the popcorn belonged on the floor, and for good measure should be stomped to bits.Oh yes, that was so much more fun in here book. LOL. It of course frustrated Big when she got naughty so he gave up too... and lost his needle in the process. We'll just say it was slow going, a learning experience....and very tasty by Littles standards. Just today I had to tell her to stop eating the Christmas Tree....that girl.


I love how the popcorn makes our tree look so homey though! This year we left off all the glass ornaments. We just added lights, the popcorn garland, a few non breakable ornaments, and of course my beloved photo's. Another Christmas tradition we have is adding at least one new picture ornament to the tree every year. My goal is to someday have a tree filled with only the faces of my loved ones through the years. Oh that will be a happy day... I can see it now.....BEAUTIFUL!Little is obsessed with all things Miss-Miss. She loves fussing with the decor, looking at lights ( and yelling Ooohhhh wow NICE!), reading the stories, and searching out Santa. She's so much more animated then Big was at this age. This is one respect where she's reminding me of myself.

Finally I thought I'd show you my favorite Nativity. Leah brought it back from Peru a few years ago. I adore it. I love the naked baby Jesus, and the sombreros...LOL... it's awesome! Because of this Nativity I now want ones from all over the world. I love seeing how the whole world views the wonderful story of the birth of our Lord. So if you ever see one that catches your eye pick it up for me will ya?

3 comments:

wedogmomma said...

I SO need a naked baby Jesus! How appropo!
Thanks for sharing :D
I give you HUGE props for the popcorn stringing you brave, brave woman!
But it's obviously a memory maker!
Yay for Christmas memories!!

Jenn ~N~ Jae said...

LOL I love it how you captured Abby eating the popsorn off the tree. She is so funny. I love it.

Anonymous said...

I love traditions too! It makes me happy to see what your family is up to and to see that we've been pretty much up to the same things. See you all soon! :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin