Flashback Friday!

As I gear up to get our house decorated for Christmas this weekend
I'm reminded of the ABC tree...


Christmas 2004 Big was working on learning his ABCs. Both on sight and their sounds. We had a ton of help in this task from the leap frog Letter Factory. Big was obsessed with watching it. As I've mentioned about a million and one times before he's always loved learning. As he learned to spot each letter and their sound we'd add it to our Christmas tree (this was Jay's great idea). Big loved it. he loved showing off his tree full of ABCs. Proudly walking everyone who came over to see his newest letter. It was fantastic! As Christmas turned to New Years our tree had a FULL and complete alphabet hanging from it. It was perfect. A visual reminder that an amazing little boy lived in the house. A boy who loved learning, and silliness, and the simple things like paper ABC's strung with yarn on a tree.

3 comments:

Jenn ~N~ Jae said...

That is such a good idea. I think I should suggest that to my sister. A.J. is a sweetheart. Keep up the good job.

wedogmomma said...

So inspiring momma! I love simplicity and holistic learning of it all!
Does our mutual admiration bug anyone else?!??
Am seriously considering that concert tomorrow!
Happy Birthday either way.........you deserve it!

Anonymous said...

i remember that... that was very smart.
A.J is the genius of this family. He is too cute! Happy Early Birthday my sista!!! I love you very much. You are a very good mother and I always admire how you raise your kids.

Ro

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin