a Christmas Catastrophe

Ok I'm SOOO very behind in posts! I have a list of things I want to share but I thought I'd start with something you Mommy's would appreciate, and get a good laugh from.

On my birthday we had a minor Christmas catastrophe...ok well that may be a bit dramatic but you'll understand where I'm coming from when you see the pictures.....

I was in the bathroom trying to get dolled up for my birthday. Jay was in charge of getting the girls dressed. I wanted to take pictures with them in these matching sweaters they have. (sweaters I might add that were hand-me-downs from different people at different times but happen to be the perfect sizes for the girls to match right now....I love when God does little things like that) Anyways, all was quiet...I should have know something had gone a rye....and I was taking my time, it was my birthday after all. Well when I was done I walked to the living room and saw this:


Oh yes, Little was using a plastic plate and scooping ashes out of the fireplace and dumping them everywhere! I mean everywhere, on Tiny's head, the couch, all over herself and my freshly cleaned living room. Both the girls were happily playing in the ashes as though it were a fresh snow fall. I yelled "what are you guys doing?" and they both looked at me with the 'I didn't do anything face' Now I didn't even know a 6 month old was capable of that look, but I assure you now that they are. I was faced with a laugh or cry moment. I chose to take pictures and laugh. Oh, the mischief of it all. Oh, the future schemes I have to look forward too from these girls. Oh, the sisterly comradery ....LOL. This is not to say that I didn't have a few choice words for my dear hubby. He swears he had just left them a moment before..hmmmm....it could very well be true knowing Little.....














He cleaned their clothes (and helped clean the living room AGAIN) for me and in the end I got these pictures before we left to get our Christmas tree, but I'll save that for another post.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwwww...hahahaha LOL! hey but the pictures look good!! you guys look so cute!

My Pursuit of Happyness said...

Ahh..Aubree is just adorable with her glasses!

Anonymous said...

The fact that you could see that and laugh with them about it....now, that's a good mama! I need some of that to rub off on me ;)

wedogmomma said...

wow...that's certainly a "seriously??!??!" moment!
Nice response....I totally chuckled at the line about Aubree being able to give you "that" look!
hee hee...they learn SO quickly!....the Woah! I'm in trouble look!

Jenn ~N~ Jae said...

It is so funny as I read the blog but I don't know what I would do if that was me.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin