gathering my village....
Oh man I totally missed my Flashback Friday yesterday.....bummer... I have such a fun post for next week then, so stay tuned. I missed it because I was busy cleaning my house and preparing for a party. Can I say that we had a BLAST. Good food (so easy too, I'll post the recipe on my green blog soon) good friends (new and old), and good fun. Leah made a wonderful sangria...yummmm.....I had a glass or two..teehee....all things in moderation right? Basically I just felt like me. Joan put it best " I need -your name here- time, not just mommy time" Man I think we all do.
What I've been realizing lately is how much fellowship, and a sense of community mean to me. They are essential to my happiness, and the values I strive to teach my children.
The old adage 'It takes a village to raise a child' is so true. You guys are part of my village. You inspire to me to be better, to do better....so thank you for being you. You are all people who have things I adore about you. You inspire me daily. I want my kids to know you on a very real level. I want them to see and learn from your examples too. I want them to be wrapped up so tight in a blanket of loving friends and family that they could never feel cold, alone, unloved, or lost. I want them to know they can trust you and your advice like I do. I want to gather my village....
I've been thinking of setting a few running dates up monthly. If you can make it great- if not that's ok too! We'll catch you next time sort of things. One would be a mama's only thing, and the other could be a family function -like game night, or dinner and a movie. It's still a fresh idea so I have to work out the logistics. Would that interest any of you? If you all have any ideas on this random thought bubble let me know.
Hugs!

3 comments:
oh, SO sad to have missed some Des/Joan/Nikki/etc. time!
It's just been crazy over here...and I needed to be home with the fam...no major plans....just hubby time ya know? But I'm psyched at the thought of the running dates....Count us in...but let's definitely get them on the calendar asap....are you thinking more 2009?
YAY I love me some organization :D
hugs,
Nik
I'm sorry I missed it last night...sounds like it was great girl time! I would love to not only MEET you ;), but I love the idea of running dates...I love having things scheduled...my calendar is my friend :D
And...I LOVE the image I get of our kids wrapped in a blanket of loving friends & family....you & I share SUCH a similar vision. I pray that my kids would have those friends to grow up with...same age or not, they can still love on each other, right?! It's my prayer for me and my family all the time!
me! me! me! love the dinner and a movie idea! AND of course, the mommy only time ... :)
Post a Comment