Flashback Fridays!
Well my friend Maritez does Wordless Wednesdays and I think that's a stellar idea, BUT I can't seem to make my fingers shut up. So I thought it would be fun to reflect on our life pre-blogging days. If you were there too you get the fun of reliving it, if you were not it you'll get to enjoy some of my favorite past pictures and memories. win-win I say!
In lieu of the recent holiday lets go wwwwaaaaayyyyy back to October 2004.... and talk about a pumpkin named Turkey......
Big was very nearly 3 this year and it was our first of many future trips to Smith Family Farms. He took the whole thing very seriously (as has always been his way). We played, took tons of GREAT pictures, and of course set out to pick our pumpkins. This was the first year Big understood what we were setting out to do. He was very deliberate in his choosing process. Picking up, rolling, and judging many pumpkins along the way. We actually missed the first few tractors back so that he could make his choice. Jay and I had made our choices and kept offering him many cute little pumpkins, then suddenly he got SO excited, and began giggling.There he stood in a field of orange pointing to a little green pumpkin that looked just like a watermelon. He had found his perfect pumpkin.
In this picture on the hayride back from the field I can see his thoughts:.....whats up with all you weirdos and your orange pumpkins, greens the way to go.... or something like that I'm sure. Always so self assured, and never caring what the crowd is doing, he just does Big, even then at 2 he was happy to be himself... it's amazing. What I didn't know that day was how special that little pumpkin would become to our family. Soon after bringing it home Big decided to name it. He named it Turkey. Turkey the green pumpkin. LOL. All that fall he adored Turkey, and watched in amazement as Turkey changed colors with the leaves from green to orange. Fall to Winter: A lifetime with a pumpkin named Turkey and a boy who wasn't afraid to be different.
Friday, November 07, 2008
|
Labels:
Big,
Flashback Fridays
|

2 comments:
Omigoodness....I LOVE flashback Friday! Good one!
And I'm adoring the journal of Turkey the Amazing Pumpkin....AJ is one of a kind!
and look at how light his hair was! they change SO much huh?
Ooooh, good idea! I might have to "borrow" it one day when I have nothing going on in present day ;D You wouldn't believe how hard it is to keep from writing a caption with my pictures!
I love that he picked a green pumpkin...SO something my kid would do! And I'm with Nikki-I CAN'T believe how light his hair is...amazing how much can change as they grow!
And BTW, I'm so impressed that you remember such detail about something that happened 4 years ago! Good job mama!
Post a Comment