Como here we come....
Moments ago I got back from Tiny's follow up appointment with Dr. Gordon. It was good. She is using both her eyes MUCH better now. She seems to be alternating which eye she uses more at any given moment. The Dr. said that shows her eyes are getting stronger, BUT it is causing them to be misaligned. It seems that the eye she isn't using crosses. He said this is a fairly normal part of the process and was super encouraging about our progress. So now I will be patching her right eye M W F and her left on T TH S...no patching on Sundays (after all that is the day of rest)....whew....good thing I live by my calendar hu?
He also gave me a prescription for her first pair of glasses! She seems to be more farsighted the most babies at her age. She can focus on her own,but when she does so it leads to the crossing. Our hope is that with glasses the misalignment can be corrected and surgery will not be needed. If that is the case she will probably need glasses her entire life like here mama. Her first glasses will need to be these one piece plastic frames she (or more likely her sister) won't be able to break. they are made by Solo Bambini and you can view them here: http://www.solobambini.com Now I need to find a local shop that carries them.
I'm just so grateful right now. I'm grateful we live in a place where a 6 month old can be helped to see better. I'm grateful we have an awesome Dr. I'm grateful for all your prayers, and caring concern for my sweet baby. But most of all I'm so very grateful that I serve the Great Physician. He is using this experience in such an amazing way in my life. I'm watching this blessed baby grow and change right before my eyes and I realize that she is perfect the way she is. She brings something to my life that none of my other children have before. Something I can not even explain. My sweet Daddy is speaking to me through this and telling me that I am not as broken as I often feel. That He sees me like I see her...a wonderful, amazing, marvel of His creation. For that I am unyieldingly grateful.
Wednesday, November 05, 2008
|
Labels:
Tiny
|

1 comments:
Yeah Lord....what a testimony of faith! And the glasses look cute, especially in pink...afterall, what doesn't look great in pink, right?!
And your outlook is inspiring...to embrace all that she DOES bring to you instead of focusing on the ONE thing that could be fixed.
Imagine all the things we need fixed, and yet our Father loves us anyway, in spite of all those faults and deficencies. You are the second person that I have heard refer to herself as "broken" and my first reaction is to say that we are NOT broken! But now I say, YES, let us be broken Lord...break us of ourselves...because that is the only way You can work through us!
Post a Comment