Yesterday...

Yesterday upon seeing this picture my heart began to soar, I got giddy, and I thought of my last post here. Now I still stand firmly behind living here and now; being fully present in the moment- it matters to me. It's how I live. BUT man, I think I overstepped myself. I do so miss the pictures; not only that I miss blogging. I like spending a few moments getting to know you more when I read your blogs. I like feeling like in this hectic day and age you can still know my heart, even if I run out of hours in a day to call. I like feeling connected.
Yesterday, when Little was talking (and I was laughing) I realized I missed sharing her quirky ways. I think it'd be great for you to hear that she's taken to calling me Desiree, become a pirate (I said argh Matey), feeds her little sister uncooked rice while calling her a rooster, and LOVES to learn, and prance, and sing.
Yesterday, when Big was finishing his testing for term 1 I thought about how I could write a whole post as his cheerleader. That I should tell people that habit training DOES work and it's not as hard as you think. I thought I should share how wonderful it is to have a child you really like talking to and spending time with. That I think God has BIG plans for my not so little boy.
Yesterday, when we were looking at those pictures Tiny was in my lap and squealed, then she said Kuya. Big was in the picture I had on display. I didn't even know she knew how to say that! Then I thought about all the milestones I forgot to document and I wondered if it would matter to me one day. So much has happened. She's talking and signing something new daily. Her laughter and lovey ways are contagious. She's the happiest easiest child until she's not. She's almost 18 months old. wow. Where did the time go?
They are growing and changing at what feels like the speed of light. I do my best to absorb it all- to be present with my eyes wide open, a smile on my face, with words of kindness and laughter rolling off my tongue...but I wonder. When today turns into yesterday, and yesterday turns into a few years if I fail to steal a few minutes to document them now will I forget?
I firmly believe that triumph or tragedy these moments are always too special to forget and share. So yesterday- I decided to comeback today.
Monday, November 09, 2009
|
Labels:
mommy moments
|

3 comments:
Ooooo....I didn't even realize HOW much I missed your words....they floated through my brain all fuzzy and lightfilled...joyful and TRUE.
And I think I would have been inspired by that picture as well...it's breathtaking!
Welcome back....today....and whenever you squeeze in a minute. I'll take it.
beautiful post. i have missed you here. but understand all the reasons why. love you much nevertheless. i'll be thankful on days when you can steal a moment and reflect and record ... for us. :)
ditto to the comments below. thank you for your amazing ways and amazing, awe-inspiring words. i definitely miss reading your posts (and i'll guiltingly say i've been checking). however, i understand your reasons. i look forward to the moments you get a chance to blog because its one of the many ways i feel connected with you and yours. oh how i miss you so! && yes! welcome back! =) love you!
Post a Comment