A Strange Phenomenon
....right now, here today- I just realized how fully my priorities have shifted. It's been gradual, but VERY intentional.
I came to this realization when I realized I haven't posted on this blog in awhile. I've been trying to post on at least one of my blogs, at least once a week. So that left me wondering why the drought here?
Is it because I have nothing to say?
Anyone who knows me at all knows it can't be that. I mean really. I never seem to stop chatting.
Is it because nothing has happened with my family?
uuummm again NO. It's actually hurting my brain to try and summarize ALL that we have been up too. I will try to in a moment though because after all I know you're dying to know right? right?
Then it hit me. I have no pictures. ME, I have no recent pictures. wow. What a strange phenomenon. How did this happen?
...it happened somewhat on purpose. The total lack of current events was I must admit a blunder. I will try and get a new shot of at least all the kids up soon, but as for our usual mass amounts of rockin' photography from EVERY event in our lives- the shutter has stopped.
I know, I know. You're in tears over it. I too miss all the wonderful images of my kids. But I promise you'll still see there mugs on here from time to time. After all what kind of family blog would this be without pictures? But, let me explain our reasoning. We've spent YEAR upon YEARS taking millions of pictures of things. While we cherish all of the pictures and are glad to have them we realized something profound for us. If you are focused on getting "the shot" all the time you miss THE MOMENT. The memories are easy to recollect if you're looking at the photo, but without it in front of you they are hazy. So instead of imprinting "the shot" on film we've been imprinting the FULL moments in our minds. That way whenever we want them we can close our eyes and be there.
I know the total lack of pictures seems extreme but we find that if we cut something out completely it's easier to see the difference it makes. An being FULLY present makes a HUGE difference. We don't want to have zero pictures, like I said that was a goof up. We want to have something tangible to pass on, and look at when our memories grow dim but as in all other areas we have scaled way back.
But lack of eye candy aside. let me update you on each of us.
Daddy- I know I don't post about him to often (at least not here) BUT I'm so proud of him! He's made so many amazing life changing choices recently...the least of which is that he's now lost about 20lbs for sheer hard work. Isn't that amazing? What's even better is that is TRULY the lest of what's going on in/with him. But he likes to keep to himself and not broadcast himself all over the web so I will respect that and just say prayers are being answered daily.
Me- Well my life is running a million miles a minute! When I do have a moment to post it's usually here on my Home school blog. So fell free to check it out and see what the kiddies are up to. I'm working REALLY hard to find a balance that doesn't leave me exhausted, but I wouldn't change a moment of it. You could say a little prayer for me whenever I cross you mind though...
Big- He's doing AWESOME in school. (But again check that blog to see his progress there) He has a HUGE gap where his front teeth used to be. His room has been clean for about a month. His Keva towers are amazing. His knowledge of nature is broadening. He's still a great kuya, and just about my favorite person ever.
Little- wow has she started growing up! Her vocab has grown leaps and bounds! She can say all of our actual names really well and today she actually asked to do a narration, and prayed over our dinner! Where is the time going? She loves doing her school. She adores Tiny. She's my big helper, and if there is another soul on this planet that can pook their bottom lip out farther I'd like to see it. So basically she's another person I could spend all day, everyday for the rest of my days with.
Tiny- First of all she's going through a NOT so happy streak. I think it's due to frustration, but still, no fun. She's very stubborn and thinks she's about the same age as her Ate. But hard times aside she's a little slice of heaven to touch. Her cheeks are still so inviting. Her laughter is so pure and her smile so genuine. She follows the older kids around all day, just happy to be near them. She's still nursing. And, she still won't wear her glasses, (so continued prayers would be welcomed.) When all is said and done she's my VERY favorite person to cuddle with.
...so all else aside, and long story short....Life is good.

3 comments:
Hi Love!
I just wanted to tell you that I miss you and your family. So many milestones and adventures! I'm so glad everything is going so well! I will, as always keep you and your loved ones in my prayers. =) Miss & love you!
wait....I need to close my mouth...my chin was on the floor.....life with NO pictures.....ah, now THAT is a novel idea. My posts seem superfluous! And then I 'remember' that I have the memory of a gnat. So on I post. And I will continue to check in here.....pics or no pics...because your family, and your posts make me smile...and stop and pray...every single time!
Like Nik said, pic or no pics, I would still enjoy reading your updates ... so type away!
Post a Comment