Tiny: not so much.
Tiny.Well lets start by saying she's not anymore. In the course of a few months (or just one) she has REALLY changed. Petite yes indeed, but Tiny nope. Not anymore. Don't get me wrong. She's clearly still the baby. She still will just sit with me for days, she wants to nurse, be rocked, and hang out in the sling; but now she seeks new challenges with vigor, and thinks roaming the backyard all by herself is AWESOME.

May was of course a big month for her, being her birthday and all. We had a BBQ in her honor, and she was dedicated to the Lord at our Church. We had a great time, but unfortunately took very few pictures and the most of the ones we do have are STILL being held captive!

She also got her ears pierced. She looks so big...not Tiny. She's not too fond of them though and actually RIPPED one out of her ear, here to since never to be seen again. So poor girl was walking around all uneven for about 3 weeks, until she finished the job. I guess she's not ready for pierced ears.

I can't really complain because she's being a pretty good sport about her NEW glasses. Yes, after about a 4 week wait, her new purple spectacles are here! She will leave them on for short intervals, and so far has not tossed them on the ground. When she is done she just hands them to me. She seems to like them but I think it must be a little tiring for her brain to have so much clarity abruptly thrust into her soft focus world. I know I'm supposed to be making her wear them all the time, but for now I'm happy with the baby steps we are making. After all, she has the rest of her life right?

She's also found her voice, and ATTITUDE! She's been faking me out with the "They are killing me at this very moment" scream. She uses this in EVERY instance she can, too bad for her that I'm onto it now. It's been really funny to watch her jockey for position, and really sweet to watch her interactions with Big and Little.

They are forming such great relationships. Last night I was down on the floor playing horsey and sleepy time with all three of my children. They were giggling, and I was eating it up with a spoon. It was so nice. The girls often play by themselves now too, giggling, hiding and all.
About a 2 weeks ago when we were at Jilly's house Tiny wanted to play kitchen with the big girls. At first they didn't want to let her.( She's a Baby! ) Then we had to explain that she's not really a baby anymore. She's a toddler. Wow did we say that? It's just so amazing to me that Tiny is now a toddler.(the fact that she's sitting forward in the car seals it)
Speaking of her being a toddler...I saved the best tidbit for last. She IS WALKING around. Her steps are getting surer and braver every day.
....so yes, Tiny is a toddler now, and that sounds mighty big if you ask her mama.
Saturday, June 20, 2009
|
Labels:
Tiny
|
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oooo I agree....I can't imagine she'll be content in that sling much longer....Here's my shoulder if you need momma....we'll cry together over the time that is flying by....then we'll wipe our faces on old burp cloths that we don't need anymore....and go chasing after our littles together.
Life is SUCH the adventure....
Praise God that Tiny is catching on!
I LOVE that picture of her with her glasses. So adorably cute! :)
Post a Comment