A New Resolve

I haven't given you all an update on Tinys vision in a long time.

I haven't because I've been discouraged, and quite honestly a bit ashamed. I haven't been sticking to her treatment very well. As most of you know she's a happy child, a VERY happy child. But, as a friend pointed out to me recently happy doesn't mean compliant. She's so strong willed!!!! If she doesn't want something, trust me you will know. She is very vocal, and assertive. And- she really hates her vision therapies. REALLY.

I started slacking off when she was so sick in Feb. I mean who wants a sick baby to spend her only happy hours screaming and pawing at her eye? NOT ME!

The problem is she got better, but I never recovered. I tried to. I tried putting her glasses on her. It worked. If you count working as physically forcing her to wear them (holding them on, batting her hands, ect.) for 10 minutes as she screamed. Then giving in, taking them off, and listening to her protests for another 10 minutes...I guess she wanted to be sure I got the point. I'd think they are the wrong prescription, except the Dr. has checked it MULTIPLE times for me. Yes, I am that mom. The good news is her eyes are settling. One is crossing more predominately then the other. That means that it almost certainly IS a vision issue correctable with glasses instead of surgery. Now I just have to stick with the therapy. (we see her eye Dr. again in 2 weeks)

So needless to say I've been frustrated (more with myself). She is preparing to walk any day now, and I'm so worried about her view of the world.

Does she see with clarity, or is the whole world like a waking dream?

I don't want her to end up getting hurt because I've been lazy. I don't want her to step off a stair because she can't define the edges. I want her to see this wonderful BEAUTIFUL world fully focused.

So in an effort of encouragement her siblings showed their solidarity. It made her smile. I don't know what she was thinking, but it gave me a new resolve. I will stay the course. I will do what she needs, even if it's hard. because My Daddy has taught me that that is real love.

...I will see her screams as a new song, a clearer vision song.

I will.

2 comments:

wedogmomma said...

You can do THIS and so much more!!
i So understand.....I'm there with the finger sucking...somedays you just don't have it in you to fight....even IF it's the best thing for them!!
But God granted YOU this child because He knew you would be the BEST thing for her!
I'll be praying for her walking AND her sight!

Maritez said...

There are so many things in that post that I love...the fact that happy does not equal compliant...I think Jonah and Tiny share a bit too much on that end ;) What a good big bro & sis to sport the patches to encourage their baby sister...now THAT is love!

Nikki is right, you CAN do this! I know its so hard to hear them cry, but what a good outlook...a song, a song of healing :D

Praying for you!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin