Sweetness...
In all the birthday frenzy, I realized I haven't posted much on little miss lately.
I wish I could say we've enjoyed wonderful sunny days like her name implies, but February was rough for us. The thing is, rough for Tiny isn't the same as rough for the other kids. She has such a different feel to her, I often call her my sweet spot, or my sweetness. Even though most of February was spent dealing with something or another she stayed sweet. Clingy -yes, a little sad -ok, crazy nursing, and not sleeping -sure, but a grump...no not really.
Within 2.5 weeks she got a bunch of shots, we found out that dairy and her don't mix, she cut FOUR teeth, and lived with a 102.8 fever from a virus that nothing could bring down. And, yet Jay was able to snap this shot of her. I don't know about you but I find that pretty stunning.
Oh and look at those cheeks- so soft and inviting...yum, yum, yum. defiantly sweet.
She's just her own little person. My other two kids could not wait to get moving, but she's comfortable just knowing how to cruise and stand. I'm sure if she weren't afraid she'd be walking now, but she is so she's taking her time. It's kinda nice....because of who she is, who God made her to be, I get to enjoy her so much more. She's content to stand in my lap, she loves snuggling, and if I'm gone she misses me on such a deeper level then the other two ever did.
While I was at class last week she refused the bottle Daddy had prepared. In a moment of pure frustrated genius he walked her over to a picture of me and he said she sighed and reached for it- for me. He was only able to feed her while standing in front of the picture. Is that not the sweetest thing ever?
The great news is that sad sweetness is gone. She's back to her giddy sunshiny self. She's experimenting with her sounds (of course ma is her favorite),she's clapping, and oh, the giggling. Nothing beats baby giggles. Today while watching Little she just started busting up and my heart did a cart wheel.
When I remember that I thought I was done having babies after Little it makes me so glad that God has the final say....really... because I'd be lost without my sweetness.
Monday, March 02, 2009
|
Labels:
Tiny
|

3 comments:
I could hear you reading this line by line.
You have such a great voice to your writing...
not to mention such fantastic subjects!
Sounds like February was crazy!
Ah, but that's the stuff that memories are made of baby!
And I LOVE the bottle/picture story. Aubree knows a good thing when she sees it!
I'm loving that picture of her ... like she's staring into your soul. :)
I love this! you two are beautiful and I am so glad little Lilah has Sunny-Shine Smiles to be her bud. She is a great baby!
Post a Comment