Flashback Friday!
Littles second birthday is Wednesday.
Wednesday already? wow. I'm feeling particularly sentimental lately. See Little was the culmination of a dream for me. If I had custom designed a child she was it.
I don't want to give the wrong idea here. Having her took nothing away from Big, he will always be my hearts new beginning. I will always see the world fresh through him. Having him restored my tarnished faith. I adore him with all that is in me. The circumstances of his birth were just so very different then hers. I was young and awkward when he was new. I was living day by day, I questioned the stability my relationship, and I never felt content in the moment. I was always waiting for the next thing. The wonderful thing was, that like all mothers I grew with him. Our relationship is more precious to me then any worldly treasure, and I am only the woman and mother I am today because God trusted me with him.
But, Littles journey into our lives was soooo different. She was our honeymoon baby- the place where all my dreams came tru
e. We were secure, committed, and ready for her. I had faith in my parenting and could not wait to see Big interact with her. People often saw me with her and thought she was my first. Not because I handled her with kid gloves, but because I knew better this time. I wasn't scared to get my hands dirty with motherhood. I stuck to nursing, I hand-made her baby food with fresh farmers market produce, and I wore here.
Oh how I loved the feeling of her near me. Her warmth would radiate through me until it filled my heart with complete contentment. In this picture she was a week old. We were at the park by our house. There I sat, with my new baby girl snuggled in close; watching the men in my life play tag. They were laughing, she was sleeping, and I was smiling. This moment...so calm and serene... this was one of those perfectly warm mommy moments you want to cling to forever. This was bliss. In this moment my life made perfect sense.
...and now that same little baby is turning 2 in five days.....wow.....cue the tears.....
Friday, February 27, 2009
|
Labels:
Flashback Fridays,
Little,
mommy moments
|

2 comments:
Did I walk in while you were composing this gem???
what a special glimpse into your heart and what a GORGEOUS picture....it's perfect....probably one we could only dream of duplicating....like an Anne Geddes moment.
Happy Almost Bday Abby the Twos are Terrific!
Happy bday Abby!
Post a Comment