My Zoe!!!!
... This is a familiar cry in our house lately.
see Little's very FAVORITE pair of panties are wonderfully covered with the smiling monsters face. She just adores this particular pair of panties. (her Abby CaDabby ones come in a distant second) There are a few problems with this.
1. Once they are dirty, our ears are assaulted by wails in a pitch only toddlers can muster.
2. I can not seem to find a replacement pair in her size.... and even if I could I'd loose a valuable chance to teach her that patience is indeed a virtue.
3. Accidents are still a very regular thing so sometimes the coveted wearable time is only minutes.....then see reason 1.
...But in the words of a dear friend I digress...
The true reason for this post (that I am typing while those very laments are assaulting our dryer door) is that I can say she is potty trained*.
We have decided not to purchase another box of diapers, or even start using pull ups. I am so proud of her.
She's been doing awesome at home but the last few days have shown great improvement in her potty public relations. Yesterday, while playing at the park she stopped what she was doing, told me she had to go potty, and in all honesty tried to drop trowel. BUT I stopped her from stripping, gathered our things and rushed to the car where we have a portable potty (thanks Heather and Lynnie!). The miracle of it all is that she DID hold it! She stayed dry until we got to the potty.
Yipee!
Two down, one to go!
potty trained*- Mostly uses the potty. Is upset when she has a accident....but still has plenty of them. Most of them happen in route to the bathroom. Has been staying dry at night but waking around 2 screaming...needing to pee but not understanding that. Is now who-ha obsessed....hers, mine...Aubrees. Yesh, can you say no privacy.
Thursday, February 05, 2009
|
Labels:
Little
|

3 comments:
I'm SO proud of you Miss Abby Grace! (And you too mom for your patience!)
Woohoo! Congrats!! And I SO need one of those portable potties :D
Does she need a 2T or a 3T?? I SO may have some goodies for her :D
Is that weird?
Anyhoo, I think this is AMAZING! Potty training can be such a nightmare but in hindsight the time is SO short!
I always recommend minimal clothes and atleast one week of taking them potty every 15-20 minutes...set a timer....that way they get used to the sensation of 'having' to go before it gets too bad. Talia has a bladder of steel, but she ALWAYS waits too long and then freaks out trying to drop trowel as you say ;)
and leaks in her chones right in front of the toilet! Busy little girl.....
Congrats Abby :D
Can't wait to see you guys!
Love ya!
Post a Comment