Flashback Friday!

...as the big number two and all the T's that come with it (terrible, tough, talkative, tiring, terrific, tender, thrilling) grows ever nearer; I thought I'd share a defining moment of my journey as a mother with you. The moment Big met Little.

This single moment was one that I had looked towards with both excitement and trepidation. I was so nervous to see Big's reaction to "the baby". Her sex had been a surprise. He had made his thoughts on having a sister crystal clear- He wanted nothing to do with the idea, and had announced just weeks before her arrival that if "the baby" was a girl he was moving out (I think he read something similar in a book somewhere). Great, as though I hadn't spent the last few months worrying enough. I worried he'd feel resentful and misplaced. I wondered if he'd feel a connection to the baby, or understand that I could and DID love them both very much.

Then he saw her. He saw his little sister and he loved her. He wasn't going to move because she was a girl. He didn't even think of all that silly stuff I had spent sleepless nights fretting over. He was her Kuya. He loved her the moment he laid eyes on her. When we placed Little in his arms I was finally able to exhale. Worry melted away, and a sigh of complete contentment left my lips. I felt so blessed...the moment Big met Little.

4 comments:

wedogmomma said...

That is a completely lovely story....
And what a BIG wonderful brother he has turned out to be!

Joan said...

He will forever be a Kuya! Your girls are blessed to have a sweet and sensitive brother.

AJ - your sisters will forever look up to you. May your influence on them be God-lead! Love you!

Mother Hood said...

What a beautiful picture and a sweet story to go with it!

I want to remind you that The Husband Project is tomorrow.

I need a picture of you and your man together. Please visit my blog for details.

Lee said...

Dude, I forgot how little Big was when Little was born. He looks so much smaller than I remember...how time flies

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin