Ode to my Childrens Father.
Even though Jay never logs on and reads my blogs I"ll post this anyways. If by chance he reads today awesome, if not then those of you that do will know today, on the day of his birth, why I'm so blessed to have him in my life....
My children's father is caring. When Big was little he was a stay at home dad. Most people didn't get it, they felt like he should be the one working not me. What they didn't understand was that I loved my job. Not to mention I was a nervous wreck around Big. So he got ridiculed (a little) but he was not only taking care of him, he was taking care of me and my sanity. I firmly believe Big is who he is because Jay gave him those two years. And now that we have the girls I am able to stay home with them, because having one of us home with our kids is a top priority to him. He works harder everyday for it, yet has NEVER mentioned me going back to work.
My children's father knows time is important. I remember when Big was little I would just be so amazed watching him play and give him so much "face time". He would (and still does) loose track of time when he was in Bigs world. What's really amazing is seeing him give that same devotion to Little and Tiny now. His life is so much busier now then it was back then and yet somehow most days he find a bit of time for each of our kids.
My children's father is loving. He understands that the best gift we can give our children is a healthy view of love and relationships. He knows that by treating me well and loving me best our children will mirror what they see and only accept that kind of love for themselves. He knows that it makes Big more confidant when he tells him he loves him and is proud of him. He see that if he shows our girls a good honest love as they grow up that they will NEVER accept a good for nothing mans love later, because they could never stand in their fathers shoes. He hugs them daily, and not just half hearted hugs, but strong soul gripping hugs. He also knows that to love our children you often have to discipline them, and although he doesn't take pleasure in the process he does it anyway because he cares about the people they become.
My children's father knows how to play. NO one can make Big giggle louder, or make sissy smile broader. He gets dirty, silly, crazy, and goofy in the name of fun. He'll play sports with Big even though that's not his thing because it's Big's thing. He'll dance around with Little because she likes to move. He snuggles Tiny close and just stares into her little face, lost to the rest of us for those few sweet moments. He's a hands on, children are to be played with and heard kinda dad.
My children's father is my world.
He works hard to supply our needs. He loves us best.
He makes me laugh louder and smile bigger everyday.
He stepped up to the challenge of being a dad when many boys would have ran away, for that he's also my hero.
He's the love of my life and the man I plan to get wrinkles with.
He's the best father I know.
Happy Birthday Baby, I'm so blessed to have you as my husband, and our childrens father. Here's to many more candles on many more cakes. MUAWH!

3 comments:
hee hee
I can almost SEE the love in the air!
There is NOTHING more attractive than a man who is secure in loving his family!
God bless you Jay for being the Father you were made to be......your love radiates off these 'pages' and shines through those faces!
God has blessed your family with a loving & caring husband/dad ... it can only get better from here. :)
awww... Jay I hope you can read this... that was very sweet of you Des... you know my mama use to tell me... behind a good husband is a GOOD WIFE! You are his back bone... God bless you both. You guys are wonderful parents and we love you guys so much. Keep up the good work.
Post a Comment