Cobras, a tooth, and wow-whew, Oh My!

This week has been something else. Whew! I am totally TGIFin tonight. I don't mean to say it's been all bad; it's just been off with a few great moments sprinkled about here and there.

Jay was out of town over the weekend, and as you all know even with no plans that can be rough. Big always has an attitude backlash, and then a meltdown. He gets so emotional- wonder who he got that from hmmm.... Over the years I have learned what to expect and how to deal with it. It's just that now my blessings have expanded so.... Ok actually, let's fast forward to our current events....

This week Big was asked to prepare a one minute oral report on his favorite animal, and have a picture of it to share. He chose a Cobra. Hmmm, why a Cobra you might ask? This answer comes straight from his report 'I like Cobras because they scare my mama' end quote. Yes, he is a precocious child. Well we checked out a few books from the library and set to work. He typed up his copy, picked his pictures, and drew a few extra then set out to school this morning to give his report. Jay and I thought this was a whole class assignment, so you can imagine our shock when he came home today and told us there was only one other first grader in his school that was asked to give a report too. Turns out he went to all 3 first grade classes and did his report, then once finish held an open forum question and answer period....so Big..... I am so stinking proud of him!!!! I guess all the teachers were really impressed too because when we ran into them tonight at his schools fall fest they were just tickled by his report, and how he carried himself. He really is a stellar kid. I'm so blessed to have him.

Tiny finally broke her first tooth!!!!! She's so much happier now because of it. Let's just pray ( no really I'm asking you to lift me up in this) she stops biting me before it is in fully, cause her gumming has made me sore enough.

Little, my sweet wild child now says Love you. It's so precious and tender, I love it. Next to Hi, Bye, and actually; I love you is probably one the the most used sayings in this house. I'm HUGE on the I love yous, and I've been dying for her to say it back- she used to say bye when ever you told her you loved her. You know like I love you, goodbye. But now it's the real McCoy.
It actually sounds more like wow-whew, but it's genuine. Today before leaving Coffee Chicks she hugged all our friends goodbye and said wow-whew. Yes those are the moments I live for.

I've been going through some stuff. I think that's what really threw me off this week, because looking back now it seems pretty awesome. I'll share more about that Monday night though. I just wanted to count my blessings tonight, and wish you all a beautiful weekend.

Hugs!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I love this! You are blessed! All of your children are also blessed, to have you as their Mommy be so proud of them! I tell you over and over again I look up to you as a mom. Congrats to AJ that is wonderful, and you are lucky Ms. Sunshine has broke that tooth, we are anxiously awaiting that period as we are now in the "nothing will work to soothe me" stage of teething. And little I wow-whew is awesome! She is a love. See you soon? When and Where is Coffee Chicks?

wedogmomma said...

SOO good to count our blessings.....I can't think of a single person who WASN'T going through Something last week! Ah, and tomorrow we begin again...
But God's mercies are new every morning and I'm always blessed to hear you talk about YOUR blessings! Keep lookin' up momma! The perspective will hit us sooner or later huh? ;)
hugs,

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin