Strabismus is it's name-o

Ok, so I kept it secret but we were able to change Tiny's Ophthalmologist appointment to yesterday. So we went and saw Dr. Gordon Smith. He was referred to us by on of my husbands Co-workers. He was sOOOooooOOO nice. He really made me feel comfortable. It looks like her muscles are a-ok. He said they look strong. Which leaves us with vision problems as the reason for her Strabismus, which left untreated could become amblyopia. All babies are farsighted but she seems much more farsighted then the norm. We were there for about 1.5 hrs. so it did take a while BUT I'm excited to have a plan of action now.

As for now we are going to patch her left eye (go figure, that seems to be the strong one) for 2 hrs. a day. We are going to do that for the next 6 weeks. Then see him again. We tried it yesterday and she cried the entire 1.5 hr. she had it on, so keep that in your prayers for us.

After our apt. in 6 wks we will decide if we need to meet with the surgeon, but that seems less likely now that her muscles seem to be working well.

It still seems likely that glasses will be in her very near future, and I'm ok with that. It'll be kind of sweet to finally look into one of my children's face and see a reflection of myself.

Halloween's coming up and me and the besties are dressing the kids up in classic scary costumes, Tiny was going to be a black cat, but maybe this year she'll be a pirate instead...ARgh!

3 comments:

wedogmomma said...

Way to 'bright side' it momma....
boy is that pic pitiful!
Sweet baby!
But no pain, no gain little one, gotta work that eyeball back into place...I'm totally praying you up lovie! It is HARD WORK being such a compassionate momma, but our Daddy gave her to the absolute perfect person for the job!
Hugs,
Nikki

Joan said...

missed you today momma! will be praying for bree's treatment.

Heidi said...

I love that little face. If you need a referral to a great surgeon for pediatric optometry, I know of a great lady in S.F. I will keep you all in my prayers.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin