ARGH!!!!
....I'm so frustrated.
I feel like I shouldn't be, but I am.
We went to the dermatologist today about Little's arms. We've been worried about the rate at which her rashes are growing. he took one glance at her and said..."Eczema...pretty common.."
Now he was nice, and I know skin IS his specialty but he felt so patronizing, and dismissive to me. He really had no interest in our thoughts, and theories. Eczema is common. So it must be that right?
Well I thought that too until I started doing more research. There ARE other things that could be happening. It could be Candida (yeast). It could be psoriasis. But if the latest in science (the most revealing thing I've read on the subject is Eczema Free for Life, the local library carries it) can be believed I find it hard to accept it as eczema. Tiny, yes. She itches then rashes. 1 plus 1 does equal eczema with her, but Little doesn't itch until the rash gets so bad her skin is raw. So if eczema is truly "the itch that rashes" and that is what defines the diagnosis how can that be true for Little...
ARGH... maybe I'm just in denial. Maybe I feel guilty for not wanting to infiltrate her little body with steroids that she may or may not need the rest of her life. If they help I'm going to feel like such a heel for waiting, but my gut keeps saying this is not right.
I think too much hu?
...BLAH...my brain hurts, and Little's arms hurt....please pray that I receive clarity on this issue, and she finds relief.
Wednesday, April 01, 2009
|
Labels:
Little
|

1 comments:
Trust your instints! I know it is hard to deal with doctors who think they know everything. My mom might have some info for you, she went through a lot of skin issues with my sister growing up. You can always call her :D Little has my prayers. I know it can be awful to deal with that. I am emailing you....
Post a Comment